The basic question of life; how to get closer to god. Most religions try to answer this. And most people who quit one religion and join another are actually seeking answer to this question.
Here is the simple way to know GOD and get closer to him:
- God, Soul and Nature (Prakriti) are three eternal entities that always existed and will always exist. This is the actual concept of ‘Trinity’.
- God never creates or destroys souls or nature. He only acts as a Super Manager who brings Soul and Nature together so that souls can put efforts as per Law of Karma to achieve ultimate bliss.
- Whatever is happening with us in our life is as per our own efforts till last moment. And we can change the course of our destiny through present and future efforts.
- Death is never a final stop. It is just a short break after which journey continues unhindered.
- When we say that God is creator, we mean that he brings souls and nature together to give them this non-random well-planned shape. He then maintains the universe to help the souls. Finally He destroys the universe and then again starts the process of creation. All this – creation, maintenance and destruction – continues to happen just like night and day continue to follow each other. There was never a time when this process did not exist nor shall there be a time when this process will cease. That is why He is called Brahma (Creator), Vishnu (Maintainer) and Pralaykarta (Destructor).
- No property of God changes ever. So whatever He does at ALL times is for benefit of souls.
- Souls have free-will. But that is subject to their knowledge which depends on their deeds. This forms the basis of Theory of Karma.
- Put simply, God is always with us and he is always helping us. We need to simply follow the core will and attempt to accept truth and reject falsehood every moment. This act of truth-seeking is the natural property of soul and purpose of this universe. When we do so, we rapidly progress towards ultimate bliss.
So God never created us from nothingness. He however developed such a marvelous world for us to help us. And we can help fulfill our destiny and purpose of this creation through truth-seeking. This is the core message of Vedas and sole essence of life.