I know life is hectic and you don’t get time to manage your schedule with any workout or diet food meals. Also, office is a place of food indulgence. Every few hours you get hungry and end up having vegetable sandwich (which you think at least have vegetables apart from butter and high carbohydrates) or Maggie (just for change sake). And you will agree more on; that every other day there is a call for office party and you cannot control being the part of the over indulging meal.
We have a solution to this and you may achieve your weight loss without any fancy unachievable diet plans and compromise on yummy meals.
Water – Don’t sit without a bottle
- Increase your water intake. Lots and lots. But of course gradually.
- At least 3 liters. Recommended 5 liters (unless doctor says No for you)
- 1 liter after you wake up
- No water before and after meal till 45 min
- Keep sipping
- Don’t sit without a bottle
- Drink and pee.
- If pee gets yellow, time to increase intake
Deep Breathing – Consistently focus on your breath
- To start inhale for a count 4 and exhale to a count of 4
- Abdominal breathing is must for 20 to 30 minutes each day
Laptop – After work, take a break from laptop.
- Ensure you take frequent breaks from gazing the laptop screen. Do not be glued to the screen.
- Avoid surfing unnecessary stuff. Especially do not work on laptop nearing your sleep time. Before going to bed and after waking up don’t expose yourself to laptop.
- Especially after meals try to walk around.
- Never use lift for less than 2 floors. Gradually increase limit.
Food- Always eat less than hunger. They say – keep 25% hunger so that digestion can work
- Make sure you are having curd after your meal (especially if you have taken carbohydrates)
- In desserts opt for pineapples to cut that carbohydrates
- Do not drink cold drinks, packaged drinks, packaged food, bakery products, chocolates and any artificial food, unless it’s for prevention of death. Instead have lemon water, it will cut your calorie.
Sleep – Take sufficient sleep
- Do not sleep underhigh-speed. Lower the fan speed.
- Avoid sleeping inchilled. Fresh air is best. But in case you need to sleep in air-conditioner, set the temperature not below 27-28 degree Celsius.
- Do not sleep straight on back or stomach. Always sleep on one side. This helps in digestion.
- Avoid sleeping in the daytime. If you are drowsy or tired, a 20-minute nap after an hour of lunch is sufficient.